Mon, Sep 11|
The New Canon
After 30 years of commissioning new works and bringing groundbreaking music to Vancouver audiences, musica intima has curated a new body of repertoire - our new canon.
Time & Location
Sep 11, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Vancouver, 3102 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5T 3G7, Canada
About the event
The New Canon
Presented with the support of the Canadian Music Centre
“We are crystal fragments, we are trivial specks drifting blind…” - Alan Ashton, set by Jocelyn Morlock
Who is this concert for?
- the musically inquisitive
- the adventurous trend-setter
What will I know and what will be new to me?
- New music by old friends, and old music by new friends
- This program includes favourites you’ll recognize from Sherryl Sewepagaham, Andrew Balfour, and Leslie Uyeda, alongside music from emerging local composers, such as Holly Winter and Teghan Wahlgren.
- While you know our friends Jeffrey Ryan and the late Jocelyn Morlock, we’ll be singing pieces of theirs you might be unfamiliar with, and we’ll feature the world premiere of one of Owen Underhill’s madrigals on a text by Antoni Gaudí.
Why shouldn’t I miss this?
- After 30 years of commissioning new works and bringing groundbreaking music to Vancouver audiences, musica intima has curated a new body of repertoire - our new canon.
- We want to share this canon - entirely created on the northern half of Turtle Island (and two-thirds from right here on the West Coast!).
- Experience the backbone of musica intima’s repertoire, and join us for a glass of wine at an informal evening exploring some of our favourites!
Pay what you want
Pay what you want0