Sat, Dec 09|
In Winter's House
In this season of warmth and tradition, our connections to you and to each other create a beautiful intimacy we’re honoured to share with you.
Time & Location
Dec 09, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Vancouver, 1218 Cartwright St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3R8, Canada
About the event
In Winter’s House
In winter's house there's a flame
being dreamt by a child in the night,
in the small quiet house at the turn in the lane
where the darkness gives way to light.
Who is this concert for?
- The Christmas concert purist
- Those looking for new traditions
What will I know and what will be new to me?
- You’ll experience the whole gamut of seasonal music including new arrangements of well known carols and music from your favorite TV specials
- You’ve heard Morten Lauridsen’s O Magnum Mysterium before, but have you ever heard it accompanied by mushrooms? Have you heard Christmas music with Raga influences, like Reena Esmail’s Winter Breviary, or a tribute to Filipino Christmas traditions, like Meet Me for Noche Buena by Saunder Choi?
- You might have joined us in the past thirty years of concerts in cathedrals, and this year you’ll experience those same feelings on the festive Granville Island, in a space accessible to all!
How is a December concert with musica intima different?
- In this season of warmth and tradition, our connections to you and to each other create a beautiful intimacy we’re honoured to share with you
- Together, we’ll all learn what Winter’s House means to our Storyteller-in-Residence, T’uy’t’tanat-Cease Wyss, as well as experience diverse viewpoints through composers from a variety of cultural backgrounds
From $10.00 to $40.00
From $10.00 to $40.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal